COLLATERAL DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Website / Marketing Deck / Other Collateral Material
Information Gathering (10-15 DAYS)*
Meyler’s objective is to help clients define and communicate their story in a truly distinguishable way. To accomplish that, we require lots of information and a bit of your time.
The level of client involvement in collateral development is deliberately front-end loaded; investing time up front makes the creative process far more efficient and actually saves time over the life of the project.
Once the Marketing Services Agreement has been signed here’s what you can expect.
Client Input Questionnaire and Creative Survey (2-4 days)
An easy-to-use tool for clients to provide important background information, strategy description and communication requirements.
This information establishes a foundation for Meyler to understand a client’s specific goals and objectives.
The Creative Survey lets clients express their preferences for various design elements, and provides a basis for discussion around creative concepts, fonts and color palettes.
- One to two hour initial deep-dive with emphasis on core beliefs and drivers of the client’s business
- Information provided in the Client Input Questionnaire and Creative Survey is reviewed
- Involves strategy audit and Value Proposition development
- Typically includes 3-6 Meyler representatives and the client’s key decision-makers
Anchor Document Sign-Off (7-10 days)*
- Prepared by Meyler immediately after the Kick-off Call, this important document is a compilation of our understanding of a client’s Value Proposition, Strategy, background information and expectations around creative elements of the deliverables
- Requires written client approval prior to moving to next steps
Content and message development (10-20 DAYS)*
Website Structure (1 Week)
The first step is to develop an information architecture and establish the general flow of messages
Language Developed and Approved (1-3 Weeks)
Meyler’s approach to developing language for a client’s marketing collateral is designed to achieve three primary objectives:
1. Isolate the primary points of differentiation to ensure that the client’s Value Proposition “pops”
2. Layer information in such a way that the audience is naturally “drawn” into the message
3. Streamline the message - to be thorough but not exhaustive. Too much information at this stage is overwhelming to prospective investors. The marketing collateral is not designed to replace the DDQ – rather it is designed to help advance the conversation
The process is iterative and feedback is incorporated as provided. Services Agreements typically include up to three revisions to the language.
creative concept development (5-15 DAYS)*
We incorporate the results of the Creative Survey and subsequent discussions to deliver a “Creative Brief” – a multi-page mock-up of creative ideas and treatments. The process can be done in parallel with the content and message development
Here again, the process is iterative and feedback is incorporated as provided.
Services Agreements typically include up to three revisions to the creative concepts
COLLATERAL DEVELOPMENT (5-15 DAYS)*
This is where it all comes together. Carefully honed language for the marketing deck or website, the refined creative concept, and the basic website structure are united to produce collateral material that delivers your message in a unique and impactful way. Again the process is iterative and feedback is incorporated as provided. Services Agreements typically include up to three revisions to finalize these materials as well.
*Refers to the amount of time that Meyler requires to complete each phase. Beyond the agreed-upon number of revisions, an hourly fee will apply to subsequent changes.